first and foremost, some of you know that this idea in general is taken from different servers, but honestly, if the specific idea is good, does it really matter where it is coming from ?
Anyway, the point of this idea is to implement SoloQue function in order to greatly increase the PvP activity on the server, and to give people even better chance to acquire their PvP gear this way.
My brief opinion about how the system could look like:
- SoloQue should replace 5v5 ladder in your character arena teams tab.
- After creating the "SoloQue team" it should automatically put your character name as your SoloQue team name.
- SoloQue rankings could then be seen in TW armory when switching to 5v5 ladder view (it could be renamed to SoloQue ladder), if every team has character name as its team name, this way you basically see rank of each player.
- When queueing for SoloQue it would then act as a separate 2v2 queue. In my opinion we dont have enough people to set it up as a 3v3 queue at this point.
- Some restrictions would have to be programmed, for instance - to not let 2 healers to get matched together. I would go even further to not let 2 same classes to get inside together (ret pala+ holy pala, disc priest + shadow priest etc.). Additional restrictions are welcome but lets not make it too complicated, in case it will get accepted.
- The new rating system, which was programmed like a year ago, should be applicable for soloque ladder as well, because it is good for people to get 1500 rating fast and to gear up quickly, even though it has its flaws (losing almost no rating to low mmr team, but insane rating to high mmr team = it should be reversed no ?).
- Rewards to top players are up to discussion, I would not give them R1 titles from regular arenas, but maybe different ones or different rewards altogether.
- SoloQue teams should not be matched against regular 2v2 teams, however, it is up to discussion as well.
- When you reach specific ratings in SoloQue you get achievements like, if you reached the rating in 5v5 since it would be replacing it.
Anyway, I would like to see more people to post their opinion about the possible addition of this feature.